Dedicated to the world-renowned trafficwomen of the DPRK

PortalPortal   FORUM  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dear Leader
Divine Administrator
Dear Leader

Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post Empty
PostSubject: Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post   Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:37 am

I found this post on the KFA forum -
    "The Traffic Girls of Pyongyang
    The most pleasant surprise in all of Pyongyang is undoubtedly the city’s phenomenal Traffic Girls.
    Dressed in crisp, blue and white uniforms (summer) that have obviously been designed by someone with an eye for style, these immaculately coifed women work the middle intersections throughout Pyongyang. Everyone of them is beautiful, young, shapely and chic (in a uniform-wearing sort of way) and on sunny days they even don Matrix style sunglasses which add an even deeper layer of appealing innuendo.
    Since there are no streetlights in Pyongyang the traffic girls are the only way to maintain order on the roadways and they certainly do this. Armed with just a whistle and a red and white striped wand (baton) , the girls are a one-person show beautifully orchestrating the flow of traffic with patented, choreographed moves that are crisp, robotic and out of this world.
    In any other country they’d cause accidents as rubbernecking drivers speed by gawking at them. Intentionally or unintentionally they have evolved into a cultural asset that is unique to the DPRK. Long may they continue."
I find it interesting that the poster takes credit for this writing, signing it with his initials, and then in a folllow-up post states "After writing 'The Traffic Girls of Pyongyang' and as I read through it to check for spelling errors............"

Curious because his post is almost word for word the same as this one by Neil Woodburn on Galding.com in 2007.
    "The Sexy Traffic Girls of Pyongyang
    The most pleasant surprise in all of North Korea is undoubtedly the city's phenomenal Traffic Girls.
    Dolled up in crisp, blue and white uniforms that are rumored to have been designed by Kim Jong Il himself, the immaculately coifed women work the middle of intersections throughout Pyongyang. Every Traffic Girl is beautiful, young, shapely, and sexy in a uniform-wearing sort of way. On sunny days, they even don Matrix style sunglasses that add an even deeper layer of suggestive innuendo.
    Since there are no streetlights in Pyongyang, the Traffic Girls are the only way to maintain order on the roadways, and man do they! Armed with just a whistle and baton, the girls are a one-person show beautifully orchestrating the flow of traffic with patented, choreographed moves that are crisp, robotic, and out of this world.
    In any other country they'd cause accidents as rubbernecking perverts speed by gawking at them; but not in North Korea where there are few automobiles on the street and even less opportunity to be reckless and deviant."
I mention this because I like to provide links to original source on my posts, and I would never take credit for someone else's writing.

In his follow-up post he decsribes the PTG shift change. I don't know where he copied this 2nd post from, but I'm guessing from the odd vernacular that it was originally on a non-English language site, and he translated it. I googled around and couldn't find it anywhere.

"Changing Shift:
PTG (Pyongyang Traffic Girl) shift change over is a riveting event mainly for the clockwork precision with which it is carried out.
It commences with the relieving PTG briskly marching with arms swinging DPRK military style directly towards her colleague who waits within the white positioning circle. A face to face collision is avoided at the very last second because as the relieving PTG steps into the circle the other girl takes one smartly executed step to the left. Both girls now stand side by side within the circle but facing in opposite directions. They are at rigid attention with the girl to be relieved holding the red and white striped wand vertically downwards in her right hand. Her colleague closes her right hand fingers around the wand and takes possession of it. Immediately this happens the relieved girl steps smartly out of the circle and marches military style across the road to the safety of the sidewalk. The new girl does two separate 180 degree turns to assess the traffic and then raises the wand full stretch above her head to signify she is now in command. It's a scintillating sparkling performance.

Last edited by Dear Leader on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dprktrafficgirls.forumotion.com
Jong-Il's Hair Apparent
official minder moderator
Jong-Il's Hair Apparent

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post   Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:10 pm

Not only that, but the 2 posts ("The Traffic Girls of Pyongyang" & "Changing Shift") are written in such a different style they can't possibly be by the same person.
Back to top Go down
JIMBIALEK
은색 party member 은색

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post   Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:48 am

Things get copied and reposted all the time on the web, it's really no surprise.
Back to top Go down
Dear Leader
Divine Administrator
Dear Leader

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post   Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:35 am

I'm just trying to get under their skin, although someone who copies something, changes a couple words and then signs it and calls it their own deserves to be called out.
I found a site http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend-web/dprk-ratemymelons.php
That is ridiculing them.
Back to top Go down
JIMBIALEK
은색 party member 은색

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post   Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:56 am

I seriously doubt that anyone from that KFA website will ever see your post ... they probably only stay on pro NK sites. jong-il 2
Back to top Go down
Dear Leader
Divine Administrator
Dear Leader

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post   Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:00 am

JIMBIALEK wrote:
I seriously doubt that anyone from that KFA website will ever see your post ... they probably only stay on pro NK sites.
Well, we ARE a pro-trafficwomen website. Smile
I know that plaigerist person has been here - among other things, he's recently been referring to the trafficgirls as PTGs, which isn't found anywhere else on the web except this place. He'll probably claim credit for that, too.
Back to top Go down
catcher22
청동 party member 청동

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post   Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 5:34 pm

They should be sued for copyright infringement !!!
Back to top Go down
JIMBIALEK
은색 party member 은색

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post   Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:16 am

Dear Leader wrote:

I know that plaigerist person has been here - among other things, he's recently been referring to the trafficgirls as PTGs, which isn't found anywhere else on the web except this place. .
PTG as in pyongyang traffic girl has a listing here - http://www.acronymfinder.com/PTG.html it's on page 2
Back to top Go down
Dear Leader
Divine Administrator
Dear Leader

PostSubject: Re: Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post   Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:42 pm

JIMBIALEK wrote:
Dear Leader wrote:

I know that plaigerist person has been here - among other things, he's recently been referring to the trafficgirls as PTGs, which isn't found anywhere else on the web except this place. .
PTG as in pyongyang traffic girl has a listing here - http://www.acronymfinder.com/PTG.html it's on page 2
I know, I submitted that to them. Smile
Back to top Go down

Plagiarism of the Traffic Girl post
Page 1 of 1